KUALA LANGAT, Nov 10 – The Selangor Barisan Nasional (BN) has questioned the state government’s decision in taking over of a 7.32 ha land belonging to Yayasan Selangor in Klang.
“I don’t understand why the state government took over the land… We admit that Yayasan Selangor has failed to develop the land as stipulated in the agreement, but it shouldn’t be seized,” he said.
He said the reason given by Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim that the land was repossessed following a company’s failure to develop it was unwarranted for the land belonged to the foundation.
“As chairman of the foundation, Abdul Khalid should be more concerned and understanding that the land is still owned by Yayasan Selangor,” Noh told reporters after launching the state-level Farmers, Breeders and Fishermen Day 2012 at Banting Square here today.
He asserted that the foundation was still the rightful owner of the land according to the land grant, and it had been paying the land premium.
Abdul Khalid was quoted as saying yesterday that the land was no longer under the authority of Yayasan Selangor for it had was handed over by the BN-led state government to a private company in 2002.
Denying that the land will be developed into a Chinese cultural centre, he said it was still vacant and the government had yet to implement any project there.